MARSHALL PUBLIC LIBRARY
MEETING ROOM POLICY
The library welcomes the use of its meeting room for civic, cultural, educational, and public information meetings.
1. The meeting room may be used at the discretion of the director or librarian and under her supervision or delegated supervision.
2. The meeting cannot be expected to disrupt the ability of the library to conduct its business in a normal and orderly manner.
3. Those using the facilities are responsible for any damages or losses occurring to the facilities, its furniture or equipment.
- No posters or other attachments will be made to walls or windows except in designated areas.
- Room set‑up is the responsibility of the renting party.
- The room shall be restored to its original set-up after each use. Any needed cleaning after use shall be performed prior to the library’s next opening hours.
- The room will be reserved on a first‑come, first‑served basis. Library activities and functions naturally will be given priority.
- A security deposit of $50.00 is required for the use of the meeting room after library hours if a key is given to the renting party. This deposit is returned when the key is returned and the room is found to be in its original condition.
- The non-refundable fee for rental of the meeting room is determined according to the following schedule and must be submitted 24 hours prior to the request date/hour:
- Local civic or non-profit organizations may rent the room at no charge.
- Non-local/non-profit groups may rent the room for $15.00 per day.
- Others may rent the room for 0-4 hours at $25.00 per occurrence or for more than 4 hours at $50 per occurrence.
10. Marshall Public Library should be notified immediately if a cancellation becomes necessary. No group other than Marshall Public Library may reassign use of the meeting room.
11. Except for library sponsored activities, the room may not be used for the immediate gain of a for-profit business or agency, and no admittance fees may be charged.
12. No smoking or alcoholic beverages are permitted at any time.
13. Groups using the meeting room are responsible for complying with provisions of the Americans with Disabilities Act.
14. The fact that a group is permitted to meet at Marshall Public Library does not in any way constitute an endorsement of the group's policies and beliefs.
15. The Board of Trustees of Marshall Public Library reserves the right to deny the use of the Marshall Public Library meeting room to any group that in its judgment is not in compliance with the purposes and policies of Marshall Public Library.
(Revised 06/13/01, 09/14/05, 09/09/09, 07/11/12, Reviewed 3/09/2016)